5 Stages of Accepting Negative Feedback
Caplan Recital Hall • November 04 • 7:55 - 8:00 pm
Watch on YouTube
Failure is valuable but it hurts. We came up with the five stages of accepting negative feedback so we could laugh and move on.
- Denial. They aren’t part of the target audience. This person is an an outlier. Your testing methodology isn’t valid or statistically meaningful. What is wrong with them?
- Anger. WT@#%@$! Why don’t they get how awesome this is? How could they not appreciate it?
- Consideration. Now that I think about it, there might be something to that. Let’s take another look.
- Panic. We suck. How could we have missed this? What are going to do now? That’s hours of work in the toilet (hours if you are lucky, months or longer if you are not)
- Excitement. Isn’t it great how much we learned? We’re smarter now and have better direction. Let’s get back to work.